Monday, March 31, 2008

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED

My body is SO TIRED right now. It's another week of "final week" prep. Most people take longer than 2 weeks between competitions. At the same time, most people take longer than 8 weeks to get ready for their first competition.

My day started at 5:00am this morning to get ready for the 5:45am spin class. It was pure torchure. That was followed by 75 minutes of working out at 80% of my usual weight. If I still had energy, I was encouraged to do another 20 minutes of cardio. That didn't happen.

Luckily I finished early enough to go back home and sleep for 45 minutes. Glorious, but not long enough. So now it's about 10:00am and I'm still here and work wishing I could lay in bed and do absolutely nothing. I'm not sleep, but my body is physically tired.

I guess it doesn't help that I'm back to drinking 2 gallons of water a day. I've already used the bathroom 6 times this morning. Luckily I'm already on my third of four bottles so the frequent urination should cease over the next several hours. I just keep thinking... this week, then next week... then rest, rest, REST!!!

No comments: